♡ the life of a 25 year old hopeless romantic ♡





"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against."






Questions? Concerns? Random observations?
Leave me a message here, or email me here. ♥






Normalcy.}
Friday, February 26, 2010 | 8:19 AM | 0Comment


Hey, Internet!

So after my eventful Valentine's day, things are slowly going back to normal. Well, sort of. But I'll get to that in a minute.

Whatever that thing was between me and Jack, which was pretty much nothing, it's back to before now. We talk and have boring normal conversations again, mostly no flirting involved. Every once in a while, he calls me gorgeous, but I just take the compliment and change the subject. He's one of those people that are naturally flirty towards everybody, so I don't think anything of it anymore.

Besides, he talks to another girl from his school that I can tell he likes. He sends her flirty messages and love lyrics and songs. (I follow her too, but she followed me first! And besides, it was before I knew they knew eachother, so it doesn't count as creeper-ish.) But whenever he does, she usually jokes it off or changes the subject. It's surprising to me that she could so easily resist his advances, but hey, maybe that's why he likes her. You know what they say about girls that play hard to get.

So, for me, everything's back to normal again. I'm glad, because I was seriously starting to question my sanity.
As for Best friend Rose, her and her freshman are still together. A girl from school told me that they're together all the time. Like one of those couples that are somehow unable to function without the other there, the ones that you see in public that cling to eachother as they walk. But, as long as they're happy, right?

My other best friend, Jazz (I never talk about her on here! I'm not sure why. Maybe its because Rose always has all the boy troubles) tells me that its almost gross how much they're together. Even though he's a freshman and she's a sophomore, they seem to find a way around that.

Speaking of Jazz, remember Johnny? Well if me and Johnny are close friends, Jazz and Johnny are peas in a pod. They have the closest boy girl best friend friendship I've ever seen. The three of us always hung out in school last year, and we had the best times. But out of the three of us, Jazz and Johnny were definitely closer than Johnny and I were.

Notice how I say were? Well...somehow, in the time that I've been gone, Jazz and Johnny's friendship turned into something more. Yup, they're dating.

I can't say I wasn't surprised, I was. when Jazz called me to tell me, I spent an entire five minutes freaking out. I was shocked. But then again...as I sat and thought about it...I wasn't that surprised. Boys and girls that are that close of friends have to be romantically linked at some point. It's just an unwritten rule, it always seems to happen.

But I'm so happy for them. Johnny always seems to go through girls like tissues, but Jazz isn't his usual type at all. Maybe he's changed.

And I'm not so wary of Jazz's relationships. Jazz has only gone out with one person, and they were together for about six months. She takes relationships seriously(as does Rosie, actually), and even though she's only 15, she's much more mature than one would expect. I always forget that she's slightly younger than me, I have to remind myself that she is. It's never bothered me, though.

Anyway, so, for the most part, everything's back to normal. And since I've been working on a huge research paper for school lately, I'm glad it's been normal. Normal I can handle, normal is nice. Normal doesn't stress me out.

I'll keep you updated, folks!

xo Hopeless Romantic

PS: I fixed the playlist! And sorry about the header, it's only temporary. I have the old one back soon. ♥

Labels: ,