♡ the life of a 25 year old hopeless romantic ♡





"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against."






Questions? Concerns? Random observations?
Leave me a message here, or email me here. ♥






The Pros and Cons of the new Ricky Bobby.}
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 | 8:23 AM | 0Comment



The Pros:

  1. He's matured a lot. He used to not be able to hold a conversation very well, and ours the other night was pretty...intelligent. I mean, we weren't talking about the meaning of life or anything, but it wasn't meaningless small talk about the weather. It was about stuff that mattered, and I haven't had a conversation like that with a guy in a long time.
  2. He doesn't go for dumb girls anymore. I mean, he still thinks they're hot, but I think that's something imprinted in the Y chromosome. He doesn't want to date them anymore. He said himself to Best Friend Rose and I that when he was going out with that popular girl in the eighth grade (let's just call her Sissy), whenever he talked to her, it was like talking to a child. (Which me and BFR burst out laughing at, because it's SO true.) After that, he said he likes girls who are real, girls that have substance. How's that for a turnaround?
  3. He has fantastic taste in music. I'm talking Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles (may he rest in peace), The Doors, The Who, The Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, and so on. My mom listened to every classic rock/soul group/performer you could possibly think of in the 60's and 70's, so I grew up listening to all of them. And someone my age with that much knowledge of classic music that doesn't only listen to the Top 40 hits? Rare. Very.
  4. He has this scruff/fuzz goatee type thing (think Rob Pattinson) going on, and I thought it looked stupid in his pictures, but in person it's actually pretty hot. Kinda manly, considering his somewhat manboy face. Whenever I talked to him, I kept getting this ticking urge to run my hands against it. (Ahem.)
  5. He's geniune. He doesn't try to be someone he's not, like the majority of my generation. It's like, you look at him, and you see the true, honest Ricky Bobby. The real him. He doesn't hide anything either, and he's honest. Sometimes brutally so, but we'll get back to that later.
  6. This is kind of random, but I just realized this: I'm pretty sure he thinks I got over him a long time ago. Which is...kinda true kinda not. Still attracted to him (obviously) but I don't like him as strongly as back then. At least, not right now. But I felt enough attraction to him to make me think that all those feelings will probably come back. But here's the thing--I don't think he has any idea how much I'm still attracted to him. Which is good, I guess. I mean, he'd say he thought some girl was hot and he didn't throw me this cautious look, one that I was expecting to say, "Oh, wait. You're still completely obsessed with me. I shouldn't say stuff like that in front of you, sorry." He didn't look at me like that at all. He just said it as if he were talking to any normal friend, any normal friend that didn't have this huge crush on him at some point. He even talked about how he was so bummed about moving back here because he had a girl. Wait, I'm just going to take a moment to laugh out loud at that irony. He had a girlfriend back in Pennsylvania. JUST BEFORE he moved back here. That could've been me two years ago. That is, if he was ever even interested in me in the first place, which I seriously doubt. But yeah, he said it like it was no big deal. So then I said I was sorry that that happened, like it was no big deal.
  7. Okay, back to the point. I don't exactly have a type, I just know what I like when I see it. And Ricky Bobby, hoo boy. His green eyes have these flecks of brown in them (almost hazel but not quite), and he has long eyelashes, and his lips are just so pink and soft looking, I swear, they kill me. And he still does that thing where he sniffs and his nose scrunches up, and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my whole life.
  8. He doesn't really judge people. I suppose everyone does to a certain degree, but towards his friends, or at least people he likes, he just...accepts them. Like, when I told him that I'm in online school, he didn't look at me with a strange mix of skeptic and pity, like most people eye homeschooled kids, as if to say, "Oh, you poor thing. You go to pretend school. You probably don't even have a life. Do you know what Sadie Hawkins is?" He just...accepted it. Like, he didn't even make a face or anything. It really surprised me. The old Ricky Bobby probably would have laughed at me.
The Cons.
  1. He openly told Rosie and I that he uses drugs. Now, normally this doesn't bother me much, since our generation is getting older and people do that in their teens and early adult years. The whole deal used to bother me a whole lot more, but I suppose it's the person's decision if they want to screw themselves up or not. It's their life. However.......Ricky Bobby seems to do a lot. He just doesn't give a crap, and he just uses what he wants. He never went into detail about what he does, but I do know that he's used weed for a while. But there has to be more than that. That kind of lifestyle is dangerous, anyone could tell you that. I'm really worried that he'll never stop using, and something will happen. I know it's not even any of my business, but I can't help it.
  2. He also openly told me and Rosie that the day before he moved back, he was a total asshole to everyone that lived there, just because he could. That was a turn off. Who does that? I mean, if it were me, I'd be extra nice to everyone, so that they'd have a good last impression of me and look back and say, 'Aw, I remember Sarah. She was a nice girl.' instead of, 'Ew, Sarah? She was a total bitch, I hated her.' And even though I don't care much of what people think of me, I think it's just a courteous thing to do. As I get older, I realize that it's not necessarily about treating people you don't like as rudely as you can, it's more that you can push aside your negative feelings and still be able to treat them with respect. So, I didn't know what that was about, but I didn't like it.
  3. Wanna get in contact with him? Fuggetaboutit. He is the hardest person to keep in touch with in the world. Talk to him on Facebook? He most likely won't answer your message, and if he does, its a week later. Try to call him? His phone's turned off, or he doesn't pick up. Try to text him? He hates texting, so good luck with that. He's such a 'life is right here, right now, in front of me' kind of person, that if you're not even close to within sight, he'll forget about you like that.
  4. His moods are like me when I'm on my period. We're talking PMS to the extreme. If he's in a bad mood, he'll either get all loner and not talk to anybody, or he'll take it out on you. I don't think he's typically a scream-my-head-off-at-you kind of person, but he can give the cold shoulder like nobody's freakin' business. He kind of reminds me of a crabby elderly man in that way.
  5. He said he hates school. Which is normal, I mean who doesn't say that? But then he went on to say he doesn't care about his grades, any of his classes, he doesn't do homework, he said he's basically given up, and that it's pointless. Huge turn off for me. Especially since the newfound nerdy me loves getting A's and studying really hard for something and having it pay off in the end. And I love learning, and I love feeling smarter after I begin to understand a really hard new concept. I love reading and feeling like I understand and appreciate life better after finishing an amazing book. That's just me. And hearing him say that he thinks school is pointless was really jarring to me. It felt like someone shook me and slapped me across the face and screamed, "WAKE UP." I understand that school can be frustrating sometimes, but why would he just give up? That's just lazy. Doesn't he want a life for himself? Hearing this from him made me imagine him, 30 years from now, slightly overweight or underweight, long hair in a ponytail, going around, living in motel after motel, Ricky Bobby, the 46 year old failed traveling musician that made nothing of his life. Would there be a chance of him getting famous? Yes. Is that chance very big? Not at all.
  6. Seeing this irresponsible side of him made me realize that he'd probably be a really crappy boyfriend. You know, the kind that forgets about your anniversary and doesn't call you on your birthday. Or the kind that you'd try to hold hands with in public and they'd slip their hand out of yours immediately. Or the kind that tells you that you should start working out because you've gained the slightest bit of weight. Because I can easily see Ricky Bobby doing all of these things.
  7. This kinda has nothing to do with anything, but he reminds me of Jess from Gilmore Girls. (I can't believe I've never talked about my Gilmore Girls obsession on here. I've watched the whole series through two times, and counting! I started it again! And sorry, if you've never seen Gilmore Girls before, you will have no idea what I'm talking about.) I'm a Dean girl, always have been, and I hate Jess. I've never forgiven him for coming in between Dean and Rory. He's the evil, sarcastic(the only thing I have to give him credit for), conniving bad boy that hates school and people and treats everyone like crap...except for Rory. With Rory, he's a sensitive softie that cares deeply about her and reads classic novels and poetry. Which is why I hate him. Which is why this comparison is a con.
All in all, I don't know. I definitely think I'll need more time with him to decide if I like him again or not, but then again, maybe it's better that I don't see him ever again, which is unlikely.

Well, internet. What's your verdict?


xo Hopeless Romantic

ps: Sorry for the wall-of-text entries lately. Whew.

Labels: