♡ the life of a 25 year old hopeless romantic ♡





"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against."






Questions? Concerns? Random observations?
Leave me a message here, or email me here. ♥






I hate confrontation.}
Thursday, November 26, 2009 | 6:23 PM | 0Comment

So, Internet, we meet again.

Here's the thing, the story I have for you is much too long (you know how I can go on and on about something, and this entry is an EMERGENCY, and I don't have time for long!!) , therefore, I will use bullet points.

  • Remember Phil? He's back. And with drama.
  • Turns out he wasn't as uninterested as I thought he became.
  • A month and a half ago, one of my friends, Colbie, told me she talked to him and he said he still liked me. Alot.
  • Skip ahead two weeks to football game, he doesn't talk to me at all. Not even a hi.
  • Skip ahead a few more weeks to today.
  • I get a text from him this morning saying 'Hey suo'. I wasn't sure what 'suo' meant, and I even asked my cousin, whom I was talking with. I was then pretty sure it was a typo, so I let it go and replied, 'Oh hey! Happy Thanksgiving. :))'
  • Then basically, we talk about how we've been and school and crap. Really casual, boring stuff. And it lasts through to the early evening. How it lasted that long is a mystery to me, he's not very good at conversation.
  • I don't know why I'm still using bullet points, this is still long.
  • Anway, eventually I stop replying, because the conversation is going nowhere anyway.
  • Then, he sends me another text an hour later, saying these exact words, I swear on my life: 'I love you. Sorry i didnt say it before'.
  • ">:O" was my face after reading that.
  • I then proceeded to text Best Friend Rose, caps lock and a million exclamation points included, and then proceeded to forward the text message from Phil to her.
  • She then proceeded to reply with the words, 'AHHHHHHHH HOLY S**T WTF!?!?!????!?! KDHDNDBZ'. It sort of resembled the one I sent.
  • Then, while we were discussing what I should say to him, which took about half and hour, he sent me another text, saying 'Well, not love, love is a strong word. I meant i like you.'
  • .......Okay then. Like. Like is easier to swallow, easier to wrap my mind around. But I'm still kind of freaking out here.
  • So then I proceeded to forward that text to Rose as well. She said, "He only said that cuz you took so long to replyy!! Whatta tard. Umm, okay, just be like, 'Really? Cause I haven't seen you in so long.'"
  • So that's what I said. And he said, 'I know'......okay. So then Rose tells me to say, "So, why do you still like me?"
  • I hesitated before sending that one. It seemed a little harsh to me. But I wanted to know, so I did.
  • No answer.
  • This would have been okay if he had said he liked me in the first place. Like. But no. He said LOVE. And I knew that he said like afterwards because he chickened out.
  • So then, an hour later, I text him again and say, "Because I honestly thought you stopped liking me a while ago."
  • Then, Phil replies and says, 'Ohhh my sister is sooo stupid she did that I am so sorry'.
  • ........
  • WHAT. THE. F**K?!
  • First of all, that was the dumbest excuse I've ever heard in my life. Even my grandmother would know that that is the most over used, uncreative and cliched excuse known to man.
  • Second of all, does he really think I'm that stupid?
  • Third, all this just because he chickened out of telling me he loved me? How immature is that? What, are we in the sixth grade?
  • If a guy is gonna tell me he loves me, I at least want him to have the balls not to back out of it 30 minutes later.
  • Besides, if he backed out of it so fast, it wasn't real love anyway. And I don't need that. I need passion.
  • I feel like I got cheated out of a first 'i love you' from a guy. I'm livid. Seriously.
  • I didn't realize how immature he really is until this. I thought maybe he had a little more maturity than he gave off, but come on. This is like, a rediculous amount of immaturity here. I didn't know High School boys were capable of such immaturity.
  • Then again, it is High School boys that we're talking about here.

So, there we go. The longest, most complicated, bullet-pointed entry ever. I think I'll go stuff my face with leftover stuffing and mashed potatoes now. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheated out of her first 'I love you',

xo Hopeless Romantic

Labels: ,