♡ the life of a 25 year old hopeless romantic ♡





"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against."






Questions? Concerns? Random observations?
Leave me a message here, or email me here. ♥






The Ricky Bobby curse.}
Wednesday, November 3, 2010 | 9:15 AM | 0Comment


Hey Internet.

Well, as it turns out, there was one last football game the day after I wrote my last entry. Jazz told me, and we went together. I spent the usual fantastic amount of time I take to get ready for football games, and I even bothered to use the flat iron on my hair (gasp!), which I hadn't last done since August (I'm a hair care freak now. Buuut, it's paying off, my hair reaches the end of my bra straps in the back now! The longest it's ever been!).

I even left the house late again, though not as late as a few football games ago. But, in the end, it was kind of pointless, because Ricky Bobby and Johnny weren't even there.

The whole time, I hung out with Jazz and Colbie, and this nice girl named Kassie, who was nice enough to lend me her mittens, because I was an idiot and didn't wear a coat or gloves, even though it was -39148275 degrees outside. We had fun, and we talked and walked around and found this cute little park with swings and a merry-go-round behind the football field.

One time during the game, though, I texted Johnny just to make sure he wasn't there/coming there. He called me and told me that he was on the freeway, and he could swing by and and come and say hi. Sweet, right?

I didn't know if Ricky Bobby was there with him or not, but I didn't ask. But when I went out to the parking lot to see Johnny, I found out that no, Ricky Bobby was not there. However, Johnny did have another friend with him. Let's call him Lenny. He seemed pretty nice, and he shook my hand twice, one after introducing himself and one when him and Johnny had to leave. Nice kid.

They were leaving to go back to Johnny's house, and I told them not to party too hard, and then they left.
Not going to lie, I totally hoped Johnny would mention something about Ricky Bobby not being there, since RB and Johnny are together all the time. But hey, I wasn't going to ask. Don't need people thinking things. I'm still trying to move on.

I'm starting to realize that I have a major problem with Ricky Bobbys. Not just THE Ricky Bobby, but Ricky Bobbys in general.

Remember a few entries ago when I said that Ricky Bobby's real name was one of the most common boys names, ever? Well. I've had a few Ricky Bobby issues in my life thus far.
Preschool, there was a Ricky Bobby in my class, and he always chased me around the playground trying to kiss me. I didn't like boys much then, so it creeped me out. Foolish four year old Sarah.
Pre-K, there was another boy named Ricky Bobby in my class, and he had hair like John Smith in Pocahontas, and I had a big crush on him. (Now, he's a total creeper. He's the creeper loner kid with Star Wars action figures you see sitting in a corner by himself in the lunch room, mumbling to himself in various foreign accents.)

5th grade through 7th grade, I had this MONUMENTAL crush on another Ricky Bobby. He was tall and lanky and blonde, and he always smelled good. In sixth grade, we emailed back and forth everyday and talked on MSN, but only as friends. He had no idea I liked him, but I was happy with just being his friend. In the 7th grade, he even invited me to his birthday party with tons of boys and just two other girls, one being Jessica Simpson, who he liked.

The same school year, that Valentine's Day, he asked me to be his Valentine and gave me a teddy bear, but only because Jessica Simpson was dating someone at the time, and I was pretty much a last resort (romantic, right?). Also, unbeknown to me when he asked, he had already asked Best Friend Rose to be his Valentine, causing me and her to get into this huge fight over him, and we didn't talk for TWO WHOLE MONTHS. (The dumbest thing to fight over, but it was our biggest fight ever. Since then, we've sworn that a guy will never get between us again.)

Then came 8th grade and THE Ricky Bobby. Then, after THE Ricky Bobby moved away, and I got depressed and went kind of insane and gave myself an extreme makeover and lost weight and got extensions and bangs(at least I didn't pull a Britney Spears, right?), I met this other Ricky Bobby through Rosie's sister Lauren. He was partially blind, but sarcastic and charismatic, and he asked for my number. He then proceeded to text me 20 times a day, and ask me out over text at least 3 times. (I can't believe I never talked about this on here.)

I'd never had a guy come on to me that strong before(...or at all...), so it kind of freaked me out a little. I stopped answering his texts, but I felt really guilty, because of the whole partially blind thing. But at the same time, I didn't want to take pity on him just because of his disability. If we weren't compatible, we weren't compatible, blind or not. (Still feel guilty, though.)

So. The conclusion I've come to is this: The next Ricky Bobby I meet, I'm running for the hills.

I think I'm cursed to have problems with every Ricky Bobby that has come my way. I think I'm destined to have problems with every Ricky Bobby, for ALL OF ETERNITY.
No, really, though. I need to break the cycle.

Meanwhile, even though I didn't start liking THE Ricky Bobby again (though maybe a little bit, because if I didn't like him at least a smidge, I wouldn't be this bummed about it), I'm finding it a bit difficult to move on. Understandable I guess, because 2 years of liking someone isn't that easy to get rid of.
Plus, he was the last guy I really liked, and since I haven't seen/found anyone else yet with the potential for another crush.
But I'm doing my best, and I've made some progress. One day at a time.

I think I'll talk about my friends and studies for a while, just to keep my mind off of things. I'll try my best this time, Internet. I promise.


xo Hopeless Romantic

Labels: , ,