♡ the life of a 25 year old hopeless romantic ♡





"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against."






Questions? Concerns? Random observations?
Leave me a message here, or email me here. ♥






Stupid Musicians.}
Friday, May 7, 2010 | 5:54 PM | 0Comment

Okay, Internet.

I know I swore to stop talking about Ricky Bobby on here (or did I not? maybe it was just a subconscious swearing?), but I have some news about him. I think you'll find it just as interesting as I found it. (Don't know who he is? Click on the 'Ricky Bobby' tag at the bottom of this entry, then scroll down to my very first entry from May 2008. And then for the breakdown and emotional roller coaster that followed, refer to every entry after that one. He's pretty frequent on here, considering he's the whole reason I started this blog.)

And hey, give me some credit. I haven't talked about him here since July. That's pretty good, I think! So, hah!

Anyway. So, onto the news. Jazz was over at my house, say, two weeks ago (I know, I've been holding out on you since then. I'm sorry!). We talked about lots of stuff, like we usually do, and out of the BLUE, Jazz says, "Hey, I heard Ricky Bobby is moving back this year."

As she said this, I was drinking a Vitamin Water, and proceeded to practically inhale my entire gulp. After a terrifying drawn-out coughing fit, I then stare at Jazz.

She stares back and says, "So...I'm guessing you haven't heard about this yet?"

That was the last thing I expected to hear from Jazz. In fact, that was the last thing I expected to hear from anybody. Ever.

She tells me that Ricky Bobby and Johnny had talked about it a few weeks back, and that not only might he move back, but he also might come back to our school (or their school. Whatever. I still always call it my school, it still feels like mine).

This is so...so inexplicably shocking to me.

Of course, it's not written in stone, yet. There's still a chance that he won't come back. But I never even expected him to want to come back.

So after she tells me everything, I change the subject, not wanting to remain too heavy on him for the conversation. Didn't want her to start thinking things, you know. But after she leaves, I log onto Facebook. This would normally be the time when I check my MySpace too, but I deleted it because 1. MySpace is clearly dying, and 2. I'd had it since 2005. Way too long. Plus, nobody logs on anymore.

So when I check my Facebook, I go to visit Johnny's page because I see that he has a new picture. By the way, did I mention everything's cool with him now? Yeah, everything's fine now. Anyway, I go to his page AND guess what I see. No really, guess. I'll wait.

Yup. Right smack dab on Johnny's wall is a comment from Ricky Bobby. Since I had recently learned that news about him, when I saw his name right there in front of me, I nearly had an aneurysm. I didn't know he even had a Facebook.

Against my better judgement, curiosity got to me, and I click on his page. Luckily for my sensible side, it's set to semi-private. Unluckily for my curious and easily distracted side, his display picture is ginormous, and I can't look away from it.

Damn. Damn damn damn. Why can't I look away? WELL, let me tell you why, Internet. In his display picture, he's on a stage, long, flippy, shiny hair and broad shoulders and all, holding a guitar, and crooning into a microphone Alex Gaskarth style. There were also other band members behind him.

Aneurysm #2. Kay. First off, I didn't even know that he could sing at all. Although, after pondering it a while later, I recalled a time when a girl named Katie mentioned that he could sing. But I guess I forgot about that.

Second off, I didn't even know he could play guitar. He'd told me once that he was learning, but I didn't know he was good enough to play in a band.

Third, band. He's in a BAND. The LEAD SINGER of a band. A band that has actual GIGS.

This is where you picture me dropping to my knees melodramatically and screaming to the heavens, "WHYYY?!"

And that's not even the WORST PART. That curious side got to me again, damn her, and I went to his band's music MySpace. I get to the page, and with a triumphant smirk and crossed arms, I think to myself, 'Well, whatever. Just because he's in a band doesn't mean they're any good. They probably suck pretty bad. Most teenage garage bands suck.'

Imagine my grave discontent and disappointment when I find out that they're AMAZING.

Their sound is like a mix between The Doors, Capra, and maybe a touch of Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the only way I could describe Ricky Bobby's voice is a mix between Jack Johnson and Michael Buble. (Aneurysm #3) I hardly recognized Ricky Bobby's voice at first, because his voice changed in Pennsylvania. It's much deeper now. A little raspy/smoky sounding. But it still has that laid back, leisurely quality to it.

...DAMN.

Don't you fret, though, Internet. No re-crushes are happening here, nope, no way no how. Not on my watch. Besides, after just about two years of him being gone, that would be just a tad bit stalkerish.

But, I'll give him credit. If sexy voices could kill, I would've been dead already.

But please OH please, let me have good karma. Please let Ricky Bobby be much happier in Pennsylvania with his band and his rock star life, let him change his mind about moving back.

I'm not bitter about him anymore-- really, I'm not-- but I have an inkling that if he moved back, some of those feelings would start to come back. Whether it would be the bitter feelings or the crush ones, I'm not sure. It would probably be both.

So, PLEASE, Internet. Let's all hope that Ricky Bobby doesn't move back, for my sake. Because if he does, I might actually lose it.

xo Hopeless Romantic

Labels: , ,