♡ the life of a 25 year old hopeless romantic ♡





"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against."






Questions? Concerns? Random observations?
Leave me a message here, or email me here. ♥






Adios, 2010.}
Friday, December 31, 2010 | 10:53 PM | 0Comment

Well, Internet. 2010 was an interesting year.

Thinking back, there was was a lot of Ricky Bobby (before and after he moved back), fun times, not-so-fun times, and a lot of fangirling (being both a Tokio Hotel fan and a member of various k-pop group fandoms is hard work, I'm telling you.)

I also think of growth when I think of 2010. I changed a lot, for the better. There were some tough spots, but altogether, 2010 was so worth it. It's hard to believe it's just over.

So, I'm going to do what I didn't do last year. I'm actually going to write my resolutions for 2011, right here right now. I don't know why, Internet, but I swear I have this overwhelming feeling about 2011. I feel like it's going to be big, and in a really good way. I'm not going to have a rut of a life anymore, I swear it, and I'm so ready for it.
Are you ready for this? Stay with me here, Internet. Some of these aren't your normal everyday resolutions, but trust me when I say that I wouldn't put them here if I wasn't at least going to try.

  1. Get out of the house every week. (Me and my parents made a pact, that they would try to at least get me out once a week. Last year this time, I hardly ever left the house, and I couldn't help but get a little claustrophobic. I'll make sure that won't happen.)
  2. Stop being awkward. Like, now. (I was plenty awkward with people before the whole online-school thing, but now, it's like it magnified. It's not too bad, but sometimes I get this weird-sounding nervous laugh, or I'll mix up words, or I'll say something out loud, and I think, 'What the hell did I just say?' I'm really not as witty as I sound over type, Internatz. Believe it.)
  3. Better hygiene. (Not that I'm terrible at hygiene now, but I'm talking about all the extra stuff, like flossing twice a day and keeping my nails neat and all that jazz. And more hygiene=more attractive! Yay!)
  4. Finish my current book. (What?! Out of nowhere?! Silly internet. I've written plenty of stories before this one, but this one just feels...different. I have a really good feeling about it. Pretty vague, I know, but stay with me.)
  5. Join a critique group. (One on one of those writing forums or writing websites, and it's for after I finish my story, of course. Because...)
  6. Get a literary agent. (WHOA, WHOA. Okay. I know this is insane, and foolish and naive and etcetera, etcetera. I know!! BUT. I've given this a lot of thought and research. I haven't exactly gone into how important writing is to me on here, but trust me when I say it's pretty much my life. It's the only thing I can really look at and say, 'Wow, I'm actually good at that.' It's the only thing that I feel like will always be a part of me. And I know what you're thinking. 'Why now? Why not wait until you're out of college, until you really know what you want? You're just a kid!' And I can't deny that that makes much more sense. But there's a reason I'm in online school right now, instead of normal school. And there's a reason why I haven't had a boyfriend yet. My life couldn't be more open to this opportunity than it is now. During college, it would be even harder to pursue, due to classes and what have you. And after college, who knows what else could stand in-between me and my dream? What if I meet someone by then, and get married and start a family? When would I have the time then? Maybe this is fate's way of telling me to go for it, now. Why not? I know it won't be easy. It sure as all won't. I'll get discouraged and want to quit and I'll cry and get rejected 492483 times. But I don't care. I owe it to myself to try. And at least that way, I won't have any regrets of not trying at all.)
  7. Do my best in school. (I know, it's random that I'd put this one after such a strange resolution as the last one. But I want this one every year, so why not this year too?)
  8. And the last, most simple one: Protect my heart. (Now that the whole Ricky Bobby thing has finally and officially kicked the bucket, knowing myself, I'll be looking around again, since it's in my nature for some reason. But since I'm taking this new direction in my life, I might be really busy with all the other stuff going on. And I won't have time for a boyfriend, and I suspect that at that point, I probably won't even want one! But if another guy happens to catch my eye this year, I'm going to be cautious. I won't make myself too vulnerable, I won't get my hopes up. And if the guys worth it, he'll be able/willing to break through all that.)
So here's a toast to 2011, Internet. Here's to (good) change, more improvements, and (hopefully) achievements.

xo Hopeless Romantic

Labels: , , ,